Sunday, 29 July 2012

Whatever happened to Lucy Bloom?

Well, I'm still around, just kind of stopped blogging, getting on with the daily hum-drum of life.
Some changes have happened though.



Firstly is that I have given up my unit at Lechlade Antiques Centre. I thought I'd better post about it in case anyone reads my old posts and tries to find it.

The reason for giving up Lechlade is that I have new premises, something a little bit different though - I'm now running (together with my sister-in-law-business-partner) a villlage shop and Post Office.



Something that was a pie-in-the-sky dream for both of us and suddenly an opportunity came up earlier in the year and here were are now, proprietresses!


We are lucky to have a dedicated gift room in the shop and have created a mixture of new, handmade and vintage stock. I have included a few pictures, I will write more about the shop in my next post.  I have a lot of updating to do on my blog as well!

Sometimes I can't believe that I was lucky enough for this opportunity to come along, I love being in the shop - it's hard work and long hours but very rewarding.

Since this is basically a plug for the shop, here are the details:

Great Bedwyn Post Office Shop
90, Church Street,
Great Bedwyn,
Marlborough,
Wilts
SN3
Tel: 01672 874673

We are open 7 days a week, 8am - 5.30pm, except Saturday 8am - 12.30 pm and Sunday 8am - 11am.
Great Bedwyn is off the A4 midway between Marlbrough and Hungerford, follow the signs for Crofton Beam Engines.