Wednesday 23 December 2009

Twas the night before the night before Christmas

Each year I promise myself I will be ready in good time for Christmas, the day itself is over so quickly that I like to enjoy the lead-up, when tree and decorations are up, just sitting, relaxing and enjoying the view.

Each year I fail miserably to achieve this, with this year being no exception. Although the Christmas decorations are up, today I was still painting walls and tomorrow I will be re-covering the settee!

I managed to snap a few pictures, my main scheme is red, gold, silver and white. For me it just doesn't feel Christmassy without these colours.

A festive Lillipeg - I've named her Holly!

Baubles and birds are my favourite combination.

A mix of old and not-so-old.

Of course I love vintage decorations too and have dressed a small tree in the dining room with multi-coloured vintage baubles.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas, see you again in 2010!