Friday 2 November 2007

New Month, New Blog

This feels a bit strange, writing to no-one about nothing in particular. I've been reading blogs for about a year now and just loving them. I've been planning to start this blog for a long while, I just haven't plucked up the courage. I guess it may sound a little stilted to begin with, until I get into the swing of things and find my 'style'.



Just a little about me - I live in Wiltshire in the UK with my partner (Mr. Bloom) - just the two of us in our 1930s semi in town. I love vintage things, thrifting and crafting and I spend my spare time filling my home with vintage and handmade things. That’s mainly what my blog will be about.

Well, I’m glad that's done...hope someone finds it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy

    Welcome to blogging! By the looks of your first post you will certainly be showing us some lovely photos and writing some interesting posts!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Lucy welcome to the world of blogging - I am quite new as well. Isnt it wonderful finding all these people who want to natter on about their charity shop finds and what they love and their memories. If you have a look at my blog you will see I will shortly be living in a 1930's semi in town. I have always wanted to live in a house of this style and have finally achieved it. I am very excited - and longing to stand in my bay window. We have been packing all and I have been finding it very hard ot be sensible and throw stuff out - I dont do 'get rid of'!!
    Cant wait to see your photos - it does take a while for people to find you and then they keep appearing - I have some lovely bloggers at the side of mine. Look forward to hearing more about you Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful photos! Dont worry, people will find you evenutally. "vintage girls" can find a needle in a haystack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lucy
    I know just what you mean about plucking up courage to start a blog... but once you start going there is no stopping! It is very addictive.. but low calorie!
    I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy all the new people you will meet along the way..
    Michelex
    P.s I like your style v much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Lucy,
    This no one just read your first post about nothing in particular and enjoyed it.
    i feel exactly the same but i'm sure we will find our niche and blossom.
    i really love your pics and style
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been blogging for very long either I think you'll find it awfully good fun. A very big welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all this you describe, and especially love your hat boxes. It took me ages too to take the plunge and start a blog, and then I went and started two! I really didn't think anyone would find mine, but once someone did, well there was no turning back! x

    ReplyDelete