Thursday 9 October 2008

I'll be darned!

Sometime during my summer thrifting expeditions I bought a bag of empty cotton reels and wooden darning mushrooms. Does anyone actually darn anything any more, I don't, well certainly not socks anyway. I might darn a tiny hole in a woollen jumper but that's about it. And though I have a couple of darning mushrooms, they haven't seen a needle in quite some time.

These though, were obviously well used so I thought they could do with a bit of sprucing up. Some vintage fabric, trim a dollop of glue and some fiddling about later...

They are just decorative now, but so much prettier I think.

Some of the cotton reels became tiny pin cushions.

And some were just trimmed for fun.

Once I've decided which ones I'm going to keep, the rest will be going to the fair.

They were fun to make and they're so darned cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I am not always able to reply but they are always appreciated.
Lucy x