Saturday 6 June 2009

Pink Poodles

Today was meant to be a stay-at-home-and-get-loads-done day, but it was all mundane stuff so I used delaying tactics by popping out for a bit of thrifting. There wasn't much thrift about - serves me right, though I did find this delightful lady with her pink poodles.

Sitting on a shelf crammed with undesirable ornaments, I noticed the poodles first, then I saw they were attached to a pretty owner. They stood out from the crowd, I was surprised no-one had snapped them up before me.

I love the way their fur has been made from spaghetti clay (I don't know if that's a proper term, I just made it up).

I have named them Mitzi and Fifi, quite appropriate I think.

I don't have a name for the lady, but doesn't she have a pretty face? I think I could develop a thing for poodles.

This weekend we have a guest staying with us - of the canine variety - he's a real sweetie. Pip comes to stay occasionally when his owner is away, I love having him around. Cheeky chappie too, every time I leave the room he jumps straight onto my place on the sofa and makes himself at home there.

I didn't get my shop update done last week, but I have put a few Lillipegs in the shop today. More handmade and vintage to follow in the next couple of days. (One-of-a-Kinds updated 7/6/09)

With this rotten weather, I think tomorrow might be another stay at home day. Maybe just the car boot sale as a diversion!

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's lovely, I just love this style of figurines and Mitzi and Fifi are so sweet too

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO THE BOOT FAIR, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS OUT THERE WAITING FOR A NEW HOME, AND YOURS JOBS WILL STILL BE THERE WHEN YOU GET BACK
    HAPPY HUNTING
    JULES XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lady has a very pretty face! Pip looks a real sweetie, love that expression on his face!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming trio you found! I love the expressions on the poodles' faces, and the young lady, well, she really is very pretty indeed. She looks like a Penelope to me, with Penelope's poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Pip is lovely...what a cute face!
    Margaret and Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty lady with her sweet poodle pups! Pip is a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I am not always able to reply but they are always appreciated.
Lucy x