Wednesday 24 February 2010

New Dresser

I have always wanted a dresser, in all the houses I've lived in either I didn't have the funds to buy one or when I did, I didn't have the space for one.  Currently the issue is still space, but undeterred I recently purchased my heart's desire. 


The space problem is solved by not bringing it home - it resides in my unit at Lechlade Antiques Arcade.


When I first took the unit last year I didn't want to invest too much in fixtures and fittings as I wasn't sure how it would work out so I brought in various shelves and cupboards I already had at home.


But things are going well there so I decided it was time to start making my unit more like I want it to be.  I bought the dresser from another dealer in the arcade so moving it in was easy enough.


My room is still more cluttered than I'd like it to be but I receive many positive comments and apparently it's a favourite with the ladies on a Saturday afternoon.

It's also been featured in a Japanese magazine - I haven't seen it myself but was told by another dealer.

I'm now working one afternoon a week manning the arcade which I'm enjoying very much as I get to meet the customers and have a chat.  Thursday afternoon is my slot, so if you're around then do pop in to say hello - and maybe find a bargain too!