Much as I love my white kitchen tree, I'm a bit of a traditional girl at times and it wouldn't be Christmas for me without a green tree and red baubles. That's what we have in our front room. We bought a real tree, I wanted a growing one in a pot which would hopefully last more than one year. Sadly there wasn't much available by the time we went looking and we had to come home with a rather sorry looking specimen. It's very lop-sided and wierdly has two central stalks. Mr. Bloom wanted to cut one of them out, but that would have left only half a tree, so I worked with what there was.
My main tree always features red, this year I combined it with cream and a little bit of gold, as it's quite a small tree. I've mainly used round baubles and flowers, a few special ornaments plus lots of fine gold lametta. I wanted to put angel hair on as well but couldn't find it.
Around the base I have arranged a few more Christmas trinkets, and of course Santa.
I must also thank Kristina of .Shabbily Ever After. for nominating me for this blogger award:
I'm not quite sure what I've done to deserve this, but thank you Kristina, I feel very honoured. I think a condition of the award is that I have to divulge 7 random facts about myself. Now that's a tough one as I don't usually make a habit of divulging, but I will tell you this:
1. I love relaxing in a hot bath but get bored after 5 minutes and want to get out again.
2. I hate having to dry and style my hair.
3. I love animals but don't have any pets.
4. Both my little toenails have split into 2 and won't grow back together again (yuk, sorry about that one!)
5. I once won a competion to feature in a magazine beauty makeover.
6. I like looking at cookbooks and recipes, but don't actually like to cook.
7. I am VERY VERY grumpy first thing in the morning.
Ok, that's enough about me, I shan't tag anyone as I think all you lovely bloggers are amazing and it would be impossible to choose just 3.
So, that just leaves the business of Christmas...
From my Christmas home to yours I wish you peace, joy and love this Christmas,
and a Blogging-Good New Year!
Lots of love to you all, see you soon,
x Lucy Bloom x