Tuesday 28 October 2008

On My Mantelpiece

My mantelpiece is looking quite autumnal at the moment.

It's not a large room so not a large mantelpiece. I have loads of stuff I would love to put on there, but have restrained myself to a few favourite pieces.

Small details - beaded earings clipped onto a lampshade, a mother-of-pearl heart hangs on a bottle, bling in a glass salt, a tiny floral brooch, candlesticks dressed with floral paper.

Though I love bright colours I seem to be drawn to russets, reds and creams for my front room decor. It feels calm and peaceful, I love to sit in there at dusk, no lights on yet, just listening to the clock ticking - if someone has remembered to wind it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I am not always able to reply but they are always appreciated.
Lucy x