Monday 11 January 2010

Bags of Love

My friend Jayne recently bought her first sewing machine, so for Christmas I made her a 'starter kit' of various sewing accessories.


Rather than just wrap them all up, I made a bag for her to keep them in.


A combination of CK fabrics with a lace trim around the top.

Inside I lined the bag with a co-ordinating red spot cotton and added a useful pocket.

The contents included sewing books, lace and ribbons, patchwork fabric bundles, fancy pins, scissors, needles and thread. Also, this fabric covered darning mushroom - I made a few of these for the V&H fair last May and they were really popular. Unfortunately the vintage ones aren't that easy to come by so I don't know if I will be able to make any more.

I also included a 'voucher' for Jayne - an afternoon's sewing coaching, as she hasn't used a sewing machine before.

I really enjoyed putting this together, and it was much appreciated too. I have some ideas for other 'Bags of Love' - watch this space!